March 23, 2020
What is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine is a service that Health First offers our patients. This allows a patient to have a virtual visit with a provider without physically going to one of our urgent care centers.
What are the benefits?
There are several benefits to telemedicine. The key benefit is that patients can seek care from the comfort of their home, without being exposed to additional illness or sharing their illness in public spaces.
Are telemedicine visits covered by insurance?
While we can’t guarantee that all insurance companies will accept telemedicine visit claims, we will file all telemedicine visits to insurance as normal. For those without insurance we will continue to offer our Affordable Self-Pay Bundles. For more information on Affordable Self-Pay Bundles click here.
What services are offered through telemedicine?
Our telemedicine program offers the same services as a normal urgent care visit. Illness, injury, prescription refills, etc. can all be done virtually. The majority of telemed visits do not require an in person follow up.
Who will I talk to during a telemedicine visit?
First you will speak with someone from our Patient Intake team. Then, you will speak with the provider (MD, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner).
What if I still need to be seen in-office?
If the provider deems in-office care necessary, we will refer you to the closest of our urgent care centers. We will honor your telemedicine visit and your in-office visit as one single care appointment.
How do I book a telemedicine visit?
- Visit https://www.clockwisemd.com/hospitals/4118/visits/new
- For a Telemedicine visit, please SELECT Telemedicine as your reason for visit
- At your scheduled visit time you will be contacted via mobile phone to complete registration and will then receive a text message with a link to join the Telemedicine session from your mobile device
- We will text the phone number you provide with updates and reminders. Please note that all check-in times are estimates only.
- For any additional questions, please call our team at 843-285-2169