Healthy Skin Tips
April 28, 2021
Your skin has your back, and your knees, and your wrists… face… well, all of you! Taking care of our skin is vital to our health, but it goes beyond just avoiding obvious cuts, scrapes, and burns. Here are some tips from the National Institutes of Health on all the things that contribute to healthier skin!
- Clean it up! Who doesn’t love the feeling of clean skin after a shower? Showering (not too hot!) and moisturizing itchy skin is the first step to healthier skin all over! This goes double, or even triple for your hands!
- Did you know that your skin soaks up vital Vitamin D from sun exposure, which is great for your health? It’s important to have some time in the sunshine, but ALWAYS remember to use sunscreen. This goes for using SPF face creams even in the winter, too!
- Exercise is good for us, we know that. But in terms of what it does for the skin, it increases the flow of blood, oxygen, and nutrients. Sweating is a way of your pores flushing out impurities and toxins.
- Feed and water yourself, almost like a plant! Balanced nutrition through high quality whole foods and adequate water intake keeps your skin functions at their best, from the inside out!
- Rest. Believe it or not good sleep gives your skin time to replenish and heal from any harm that’s come it’s way.
If your skin is suffering from minor cuts, scrapes, burns, bites, or rashes, our centers would love to help! Our urgent care centers are open every day of the week 8:00 am to 8:00 pm- No appointment necessary! We offer Rapid Antigen and send-out PCR COVID-19 testing, as well as COVID-19 antibody testing. To be seen by a provider, simply walk in, or save your spot online by clicking here. For more information on using time-saving E-registration click here. We look forward to helping you Get Better. Faster!