5 Tips for Fireworks Safety
June 30, 2021
Many of us look forward to the bright spectacle of a fireworks show at the center of many Fourth of July celebrations. But as beautiful as the lights can be, we shouldn’t forget that fireworks can be dangerous. With the holiday this coming weekend, we have 5 Tips for Fireworks Safety to prevent injuries so you can fully enjoy the show!
- Wear shoes to prevent burns by stepping on embers. Even sparklers can reach up to 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit, and shoes can prevent sparks from landing on top of feet, or little ones from stepping on them.
- Wear sunglasses or clear eyeglasses to prevent dust and debris from getting in your eyes when looking up at the sky.
- Wear ear protection. Fireworks can reach over 150 decibels which can damage hearing, even if the exposure time is only for a few moments.
- Read the directions to make sure the fireworks are properly handled. Improper use of fireworks can increase the risks of injuries.
- Create a safety line to indicate a safe distance from the fireworks for those watching.
If you need medical care after an accident with fireworks, or have any illness concerns, our urgent care centers are open every day of the week 8:00 am to 8:00 pm- No appointment necessary! Click here for our page on vaccine facts and links to schedule your visit at our North Charleston, Mount Pleasant, or Summerville centers! Rapid Antigen and send-out PCR COVID-19 testing, as well as COVID-19 antibody testing is available, too! To be seen by a provider, simply walk in, or save your spot online by clicking here. For more information on using time-saving E-registration click here. We look forward to helping you Get Better. Faster!